- Roll Dice
- Using an Arduino Micro Controller, each turn there will be a display of two integers (1-6) added together for a dice roll.
- In addition to displaying the dice roll, each roll will be recorded to show the probability distribution of the dice at the end of the game through micro controller data.
2. Recognize Piece Placement
- Using multiple circuit loops and resistors, one main deliverable is to be able to recognize if there is any settlement or city adjacent to the tiles on the board.
- There are 54 possible placements on the game board and if there are 5 volts going to each one with another line feeding into individual input voltage pins, the micro-controller can label each point and measure what piece is on the board.
3. Dispense Cards
- One problem that this project plans to eliminate is the issue of reaching over the table to access the resource cards. There will be dispensary machine within the box of the game to dispense specific cards to individual players.
4. Record Points
- While playing the game there are different ways to score points and the first one to get 10 Victory Points wins the game. Throughout the game because the board will be able to recognize the amount of pieces you have on the board it will also display the amount of points you currently have using 2 seven segment LED’s.
5. Read Cards
- To resupply the Card Dispensary there will also be a “feedback” system atop the box of the game so that the individual resource cards can be divided into the appropriate piles. These piles will the replenish the dispensary system causing the game to continue without pause.
6. Randomize Board
- Settlers of Catan has a unique feature that allows two games to never be played on the same board.
- There are 19 Resource Tiles on the board
- 4 – Sheep, Wood, Wheat
- 3 – Ore, Brick
- 1 – Desert
- There are 19 number tiles that are placed on each resource tile.
Each of these aspects of the game can be randomized to create different playing fields for each game.
Such as these two examples seen above.
7. Automated Player
- Another goal of this project is to write a program that can play as an individual in the game of “Settlers of Catan”.
8. Online Interaction
- The final goal of this project is to build a program that allows people to play the game “Settlers of Catan” over a website.